Wednesday, February 10, 2016

No rest for the wicked

Oh Lord...we are whooped pups.

Yesterday was a long day.  It finally snowed the first big, fluffy flakes of the season...


Unfortunately, I couldn't pause to enjoy them much.  I had a ton of prep work to do for my afternoon tea today.  I wanted to get everything done ahead of time so all I had to do was assemble today.  I always seem to be running around like a nut job until the second people arrive and am exhausted.

I started the car since it doesn't like the cold while I made all of my main dishes.  I needed to go to Whole Foods for the last few items that I needed to be the freshest.  I ate my lunch and got the car wiped off to leave, went to remote start it and click, click, click.  Are you effing serious!?  I just ran the thing like 3 hours ago and it dies?!  So continues my fantastic week.  The Mr is in training for a few days and I knew he'd be late so this was going to be a longer night.

He got home at 6pm and we went straight to Whole Foods.  I was less than impressed with their offerings on what I thought they had in the past.  I could've gone to the big box grocery store for what I ended up with.  I was going to get pomegranate seeds but the ones there were moldy!  GROSS!  So we ran up the street to Trader Joe's and grabbed some flowers and they had non-grody pom seeds for my salad.  I made the Mr extra of some of the stuff we were going to have so he would feel included even if he wasn't going to be here.

Then of course we had to workout and did day 31 of our Fitness Blender workout which was HIIT and abs.  We're both so toast this week from those and it was only Tuesday.  Then I made dinner real quick which thankfully I prepped as I prepped today's stuff and then it was back to the cleaning/prep grind.

The Mr busted his hump to help me get the place in order and I'm so thankful.  I didn't sit down to type this until 11pm.  My feet hurt, I didn't get to take a shower so that'll be the first thing I do this morning after I enjoy a good night's sleep.  It'll be worth it because the house will be presentable and I'll get to spend more time with my friend due to good preparation.  I'm excited for a relaxing girls day!

Do you prep a lot the day before or make things while talking to guests?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful, laughter filled day! I don't entertain much in the winter, so it's usually a roast or something easy. I also do as much ahead as possible and get a nap in prior to arrivals. In the summer I grill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ate my breakfast which included one of the tea sandwiches you made. That was wonderful. And completely healthy too. Our friend is going to have a great time. Enjoy your day, you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to prep ahead, but generally end up forgetting something and having to still do at least some prep the day of. Then I kick myself for not doing more the night before and swear next time will be different. And then it's not. I hope you have a nice time with your friend today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)