Thursday, July 30, 2015

Broken, hobbling mess

After Tuesday night's abs/HIIT workout, I was a broken lady yesterday morning.  The Mr wasn't faring much better.  Everything in me hurt and as I hobbled down the stairs in the morning, I said "yoga night."  I had to stretch out the hips, IT bands, lower back and all that jazz.  My lats were still hurting from Monday night's workout so I was just a mess in general.

We've got a long weekend trip coming up in the Fall so I spent the morning and half the afternoon looking for boat launches and gave myself a headache.  I did get the trip planned so that was out of the way.  I hope that'll take the tension out of my face because I'm tired of having a clenched jaw.  You ever get stressed and you can't quite pinpoint why?  Maybe it's just a bunch of little things building up.  Who knows.

We did the deep release stretch from Do Yoga With Me and while it hurt like a mutha when we were doing it, I always feel much looser afterward.  Trust me, it won't last.   I'll need to keep up rolling and stuff for that to stick.  When we were done, I made dinner.


Chipotle honey glazed salmon with tropical salsa and bacon wrapped asparagus.  Twas quite good.

Our snack was lite kettle corn and both of ours were stale tasting so that's going back for a refund.  That's something I forgot to mention on yesterdays post, if you don't like something at Trader Joe's, just bring back the item (or empty package) and you get a refund.  No questions asked.  I don't do it often but I've done it a few times.  It makes every purchase there feel foolproof to a degree.

Then we settled in for Trip Flip and a night of relaxation to carry the zen into the evening.

When you're sore, do you do a stretching routine to loosen up?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

12 comments:

  1. I had to take a soaking bath with Epsom salts this morning. Yoga is always a good stretch but it also does a number on my legs if I don't soak usually the next day. Now I feel pretty good but we'll see once I am fully awake what I really start to feel like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a tight mess. We need to do it more often to increase your flexibility. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I actually just walk for exercise and I love how gentle it is on my body-no after pain :) The bacon wrapped asparagus looks great, I'm going to have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could say even a walk doesn't take a toll but it does. My legs muscles are all discombobulated so walking on asphalt gets my IT bands and walking on trails gets my hips. If I were better at longer stretches afterward, I'm sure I wouldn't hurt as much. :-)

    The asparagus is quite good! I like to render the bacon a little first so you don't have a piece of raw bacon where its secured with a toothpick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing that video link. I did something to my back last week and finally went to the Dr yesterday. Once it gets to feeling better I'm going to give that video a try. Tight hips and hamstrings and 11 hour shifts on my feet are not helping my back at all!!!

    I'm glad you got your trip planned. Hopefully that will help with the tension. That stuff just creeps up on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I usually try to use my hard roller on my back (a masseuse told me to roll my rump to help release there and the lower back and IT bands release a bit more but check with your doc first if you try it) That stretch session always helps me feel so much better when everything the from the lower back down is giving me grief. Hope it helps you too should you decide to give it a try!

      Delete
  5. I don't really have a stretch routine, I generally just try to stretch the area that hurts as best I can. The thing that I miss most about the days I went to Curves is their stretch rack. I don't know what it was actually called, but it was this cage thing with a whole variety of bars and pads where I could stretch pretty much every muscle group with ease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a stretch rack sounds intriguing! I bet that would encourage you to stretch after each workout.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, lovely dinner! I try to do some stretching and/or yoga poses when I'm hurting. I need to stretch much more often, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I think many of us tend to underestimate how important stretching it. Even though I know a stretch longer than a minute or two is better for me, I rarely do it until I'm toast.

      Delete
  7. Definitely do a lot of stretching. I get terrible cramps in my feet and calves so I'm constantly standing on my stairs and letting my heels drop below the stair to stretch everything out. It hurts like crazy but I know it's loosening up those bunched muscles. I carry most of my stress in my shoulders so I have particular arm/shoulder stretches I do that really release the tension in my shoulder blades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that foot stretch sounds good! I'll have to do that one tonight for sure!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)