Saturday, August 25, 2012
Reminding myself - Weigh In
I'm not going to say "only" a pound even though the work I did coupled with intense tracking would've warranted a 3 pound loss easily. I'm not going to say I'm still up one from where I was before I gained last week's two. Okay so maybe I just did.
The point is, it's only been a week since the implementation of the plan and since we all know it takes your body about 3 weeks to get used to a change like that (what a load of crap! I mean come on bod, snap to it!) then I have 2 more weeks before I can officially declare it a flop and retweak for the 5000th time. (For those new to the blog, yep, I've had medical tests done. No thyroid issues or anything so medically I should be losing weight just fine.)
So instead of focusing on what went wrong this week, I'm going to focus on what I did right.
* I considerably upped my water intake which is always difficult for me.
* I was consistent on calorie cycling within my range to "keep the body guessing."
* I didn't peek at the scale no matter how much I was tempted.
* I created a goodly amount of new recipes this week that are going to be good additions to the rotation.
* I wore my thumb brace every time I did strength oriented workouts.
Where I could improve.
* Even though we planned our calories around it, we did sample a Halloween recipe I made as our snack one night and even though we didn't go over our calories, we probably should've had one less than we did.
* My body paid the price for my overzealousness in wanting to hit it hard this week. Just as I calorie cycle, I need to uh, exercycle? I can't go full throttle workouts every day and do one lesser one thinking that'll give my body enough time to recover.
* I MUST ice my thumb after every workout. I will never heal up the sprain if I don't do this and while it's not throbbing today, one set of push ups could put me back at square one.
So there it is.
In better news, the Mr lost 2 and he slayed his number dragon. I'm going to hope with persistence, I can lose 2 next week and slay mine.
What did you do right last week that you're going to carry into next week? Where could you improve?
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)
Labels: Weigh In