Saturday, August 4, 2012

Do I really have to get up? - Weigh In

Down the 2 that I was up 2 weeks ago so basically back where I started, which I'll take.

With a little luck and being extra vigilant this week, maybe I can slay my dragon of 285.  That was the lowest I got when I lost weight over 10 years ago and it seems to have eluded me up to this point.

Tomorrow or Monday the Mr and I are going to sit down and really overhaul the plan.  We need to look at this as though we're just starting out or something.  (Except you know, without that awesome benefit of week 1 water weight loss or consistency on the scale and measuring tape.)  ;-)

Now, we're off to the farmers market and I'm not excited at all.  I didn't get to sleep until 2:30am because my mind was racing and could not turn it off.

What's on your agenda today?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

6 comments:

  1. It's funny (not the haha kind) how we all seem to have a weight that truly become a dragon for us. It's just a number, yet it takes on epic proportions in our hearts and minds.

    Today is supposed to be cooler here (only low 90s) so I'll take the little guy to the park in a bit and then run some errands. Tomorrow will be the pool in the morning, and who knows what in the afternoon.

    Good luck slaying your personal dragon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your dragon. I'm three pounds away from my first mini-goal. Gah. So impatient.

    I get why our bodies fight against losing weight, but I kind of want to tell it, "Hey. It's 2012. I'm not going to starve during the winter. Get with the program."

    Did your cousin like the Atletica workout?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya about the dragon. I can't seem to get below a certain number. It's like I jinx myself when I get there. I am hovering there now, just 2 pounds away, yet can't step over the line. I have not been in a good place in my head for a while and I know that has a lot to do with it. Thankfully, my husband is an awesome man who lets me vent to him and he sits down with me and we form a plan...together. You are lucky this way too. The support and participation of your spouse is crucial!! My plan today is to hang out at the lake with my sister and my kids. I packed healthy snacks and just need to remind myself to drink water. Thanks for your blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss! I wish it was as easy as "starting over" to get things rolling again. Try to enjoy the farmers market : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the weigh-in results. Sorry about that mind-racing thing. I'm noticing that more often in my own life these days.

    My day is being consumed with a jr-high reunion, of all things. Lots of fun (and cookies!) so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just back from a road trip and a few days of over-eating so I'm concentrating on getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)