Saturday, April 14, 2012

Doesn't Make It Sting Any Less - Weigh In

Well if you read yesterday's food journal, this weigh in is no surprise to you.  Up 2 more.

I'm bloated this morning despite feeling decent after I ate some anti-inflammatory foods yesterday (pineapple, broccoli, etc), drowning myself in water and even took 2 ibuprofen before bed hoping to ward off the evil that has settled into my body with these physically draining workouts the past 2 weeks.

I've already got my plan in place to cut back on the plyometrics and stagger my calories daily because my bones and joints just can't take it yet and they're telling me as much on the scale and with pain.  I have to realize that just because I can doesn't doesn't mean I should right now.  (Almost 20 years later and I can still quote Jurassic Park .  Anyone else feel old now that I just said that?)

My biggest fear is that I'll hinder the Mr since it takes so much for him to get his heart rate up these days but I know we'll work something out so the plyo stuff is good for him but not for me yet.  Frustration...cha cha cha.

Still doesn't mean I wasn't hoping to somehow magically maintain.  *kicks pebble*

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend and that your scale didn't figuratively crap in it's hand and throw poo at you too on your weigh in.  (Like how I said "figuratively" as though to clear up any misconception it could actually physically do such a thing?  That's what happens when you've only been up 1/2 hour)

Congrats again to Cheri for winning the vegan cookbook!

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

8 comments:

  1. You've been at this long enough to know these phases happen, and you're right: it still stings!

    One teensy thing to keep in mind is that ibuprofen is said to cause water retention in some people. (http://www.livestrong.com/article/547954-ibuprofen-fluid-retention/)

    I'm not saying that's why you're up, because who knows how and why our bodies do these things, but if you took the ibuprofen before bed and you weighed this morning....well, it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on a road trip with vegans who tell me (while chomping on nothing but rabbit food and beans) that they get in these plateus and one has had gains because of something as simple as a potato. (She has about 30 pounds to lose) It makes my head spin...You are amazing, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I was already up the two pounds yesterday morning so the ibuprofen didn't seem to help or hinder on fluctuation scale. :\

    My LIFE has seemed to plateau the past 2 years. It's friggin frustrating. I'm not buying potatoes this time at the grocery, stocking up on greens and cutting back a bit on the carb sides to see if that does anything. I'm just getting REAL friggin' sick and tired of analyzing every minute of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ew, I'll be watching my scale with a great deal of suspicion now. lol

    I'm so sorry to see how frustrating this is for you. And yet, I know you will eventually prevail. Dare I say patience is a virtue? Nah, you might go all 'scale-al' on my @ss. Wish I knew what to say that would actually be helpful-but since I don't, hope a little chuckle makes you feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - Jurassic Park and Once Upon a Time - you've managed to hit two favorites in two consecutive posts.

    Druthers - The phrase "I'd Rather" runs together to make "if I had my druthers". Funny word though.

    Your food for the week looks fantastic as usual. I'm sorry it wasn't the winning combination for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This happens.. and then we tweak and tweak some more to get where we want to go. You got this!

    (Jurrasic Park scared me to death when I was a kid!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)