Friday, March 16, 2012

Mintalicious Cupcakes

Top of the mornin' to ya...kiss the blarney stone...Erin goes braless or whatever that saying is.

St. Patty's Day isn't a holiday we celebrate.  We don't drink (I know, apparently we're the last people in the free world who don't imbibe.  Can you imagine this personality on booze?  Yeah...), we don't wear green since I have hazel eyes and the Mr has green ones so try to pinch one of us and the Mr would probably blush and depending on what time of the month it's possible I could slap you til a leprechaun shot outta your butt.  However, it's a good excuse to make something green.  I've been wanting to make these for a long time but I've been...okay, I've been lazy and the holiday was a good scapegoat.  It's also super easy because of, you know, the whole lazy thing.  Chocolate mint cupcakes stuffed with a peppermint patty.

You'll be a hero...I was.  The Mr's co-workers always ask "did the Mr's wife make these?" before eating any treats that are brought in.  These solidified my reputation, as if I needed it.



Here's what you'll need:


1 box Betty Crocker Devils Food Cake Mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 cups water
24 mini York Peppermint Patties
1 16-oz tub of Pillsbury Peppermint Frosting (or flavor vanilla frosting with mint flavoring)
Green food coloring

Prepare box mix according to box but sub the applesauce for the oil.

Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into each cupcake liner so it's about 1/3 full and put a mini peppermint patty on top.



Then add more batter until the liner is 2/3 full.

Bake for 20-22 minutes.

Color peppermint frosting and use 1 tbsp to frost each cupcake.

Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.

Go smooch someone since your breath will be minty fresh.  (Um, ask permission first!)

Nutritional information per cupcake with 1 tbsp frosting:  Calories 202  Total Fat 5g  Sat Fat 2g  Sodium 223mg  Potassium 61mg  Total Carbs 40g  Fiber 1g  Sugars 29g  Protein 1g  Iron 1%


Enjoy your St. Patty's Day tomorrow and have a great weekend!

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

8 comments:

  1. Mint and chocolate has to be my favorite combination! I will definitely try these, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My co-workers not only raved about these but they were fighting over the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so relieved I don't like mint. Made this post easier on the eyes. :p heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good, I love the 'surprise' candy inside

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I want one! :) I would make some, but we'll be out all day tomorrow, and me and my son are the only ones in the house who like mint. My husband and daughter are just weirdos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even without the recipe, this was one of my favorite blogs..lol. you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't drink either! Well, I do drink a little--maybe 2 or 3 times a year. And I love cooking with booze. :D But other than that, meh. People always look at you a little funny when you tell them that. For me, it's just that I don't care for the taste of alcohol in most cases.

    Oh, and the peppermint patties in the middle of these cupcakes? HOLY CRAP YES PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)