Monday, February 6, 2012

SATW turns 1 and Happy World Nutella Day...kinda

Success Along the Weigh is officially one year old today!



I can't believe a year has passed!  I remember not really knowing what this was going to be and honestly, I still don't have a clear definition of it but it's mine and that's good enough for now.  :-)  I remember trying to be all politically correct and censor myself to please other people but most who followed me here know that censoring myself is about the last thing I'm good at so I committed to telling my story, my way and knowing that there are a bazillion other blogs out there if people don't like what they read here.  In going back to the beginning, it's nice to see some people that were following along then that still are and sad to see that some that were, no longer are.  You wonder what happens to those people.  Was it me?  Was it them?  Did they give up on themselves and no longer connect to what I say here?  So many things that run through your mind.  But I'm dedicated to continue to share my story as long and as frustrating as it can be sometimes!

Here are the top 5 most read posts by you the readers:

Pineapple Sauce

What Happened?

DIY Project:  Repainting Your Ceiling Fan

Seeing Yourself Through Someone Else's Eyes  (my personal favorite)

Light Pumpkin Pie Cups

I thank you all for following along whether you've been with me all along or are just finding me today, your support and comments mean the world to me!

Since it's SATW's one year anniversary, we should celebrate right?  I mean what's an anniversary without a little cake?  Given yesterday was World Nutella Day I thought I should contribute a recipe.  But seeing how busy I've been with home projects (and figuring no one really tunes in to blogs on Sunday, especially Puppy Bowl Sunday) I decided to wait until today to share the recipe.

Banana Nutella Cupcakes!



Now this is a quick recipe because I just did not have the time to go all with scratch but the icing is from scratch which means you'll still get accolades in less time.  Here's what you'll need.

For cupcakes:
1 box Duncan Hines Banana Supreme Cake Mix
3 eggs
1 1/3 cup water
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (to sub for oil on cake box recipe)

For frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup nutella
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar

Prepare box mix as listed but sub unsweetened applesauce for the oil.  Bake for recommended time or until toothpick comes out clean.

While the cupcakes are baking add butter, nutella, vanilla and powdered sugar together to make frosting.

Wait until cupcakes are completely cooled (cruel I know) then decorate with nutella frosting and garnish with a banana chip before serving.

It's a yummy treat that is the perfect way to start the next year of blogging about success along the weigh!

Nutritional Info:  (Makes 24 cupcakes, info per cupcake)   226 Cals, Total Fat 8g, Sat Fat 4g Poly Fat 1g Mono Fat 2g  Cholesterol 33mg Sodium 174mg  Potassium  13mg  Total Carbs 36g  Sugars 28g  Protein 2g  Vitamin A  3%  Calcium 5%  Iron 5%

Thanks for reading and Happy World Nutella Day!

What would you like to see in the coming year at SATW?  (Be reasonable!  LOL)

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

16 comments:

  1. funny you mentioned the puppy bowl, Bagel loved it!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize it had only been a year. It seems like it's been longer than that. Congrats for sticking with it. I definitely look forward to reading more. You have a great story-telling ability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED re-reading your most popular posts and also renewing my interest in those recipes.

    I too am saddened when a weight loss blogger or follower drops out of sight. You wonder, are they as big as they used to be, and you hope that they are simply "out there living life." I get depressed when someone else fails, because I know how hard this road is to stay on, and I myself have floundered more than once. I think what we need to remember is what is important, is NOT how many times we fall, but how many times we get back up and start over or try again. That's where I'm at now--trying again. After gaining 10 lbs. in the last 3 months, (and doing some math in my head--that's would be 40 lbs. UP in a year!), I have decided today is the day I start following my program to the max. I'm no longer going to grab a handful of this or that, justifying it by saying, "I'm on maintenance, I should be able to have a few treats." I'm afraid I went a little overboard on the treats and need to cut them out entirely right now. I am not good with moderation, so it's best if I just don't have any.
    Thanks for sharing some yummy recipes. Now if I could just figure out how to eat only ONE, instead of the whole batch, I'd make some pumpkin cups and some applesauce. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the first year! I may not respond to every post but I look for it every day (and missed you yesterday!) and enjoy all the effort you put into it.

    I encountered a sinful recipe this week with Nutella and smashed pretzels and who knows what else. (It looked too dangerous to me!) If only I'd known that it was World Nutella Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday SATW! Has it been a year already? Can hardly believe it myself.

    I guess the way I see it is they are on their journey and I hope the hell they come back but they have to do what works for them. Sometimes they probably get too busy or whatever. I don't think its fair to take that on yourself. You stay true to yourself and the rest of us will follow along :)

    Congrats on the loss last weigh in! Can't wait to celebrate 200 with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes life just gets in the way and that which is enjoyable but not essential falls by the wayside. But as long as I have the time to indulge my internet habit, I'll be around to see what your sassy self has to say. That's what I want to see in the coming year...the sass that attracted me in the first place.

    Nutella--not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Mrs! I hope this coming year is everything you want it to be bogwise, and otherwise!

    ...and anything you choose to share is just fine with me... you're sorta like God that way... he always provides more than that for which I would even think to ask, LOL!!!

    {{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your first bloggiversary! I hope it's the first of many, because I really, really enjoy following your journey. (The Mr.'s too!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate the comments and I appreciate YOU!

    I have to say I love that the Mr has so many co-workers because it makes it easy to take our serving then box them up for his co-workers. My favorite response was one lady saying they were healthy because there was a banana chip on top! HA!

    Everyone says how moist they were and I credit the applesauce for that one. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, since you added the "be reasonable" caveat--I guess I don't have much to say! jk! Congrats on the year and I will be looking forward to more of you, being you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday SATW!!! It's been a great year and I look forward to the next!

    I've actually been happy to see you reclaim your "you-ness" and not censor your posts.

    What I want to see more of is...well, more of the same! A great mix of travels, recipes, reflection and DIY! It's a great mix and I love it. I haven't been bored a single time!!!

    Keep it up Mrs.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on 1 year! The cupcakes look marvelous, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not missed a post! Still here my dear, watching you do amazing things. LOVE the looks of this recipe and I think I'm going to whip this up for valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! So many people quit after a few months, so a year is a big accomplishment! (And I say this as someone who just celebrated a year of blogging in January!) I always wonder what happened to the people who used to comment all the time and stopped too. :/

    And! These cupcakes sound absolutely divine. I love Nutella and bananas together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy 1 Year Anniversary!! I so enjoy reading all of your blogs, and even though I don't get online every day to respond, I keep them all in my email so I can respond when I can. It's been such a joy to share the journey with you and to see your personal growth as you discover new things about yourself (and others). Looking forward to another year of great humor, terrific insights, and shared frustrations (but with victories always behind those). xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)