Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mulling It Over - Weigh In

Lost the pound I gained last week.  I guess that's good.

The Mr says I'm not eating enough.  I made a conscious effort to cut calories the past month or so and what has it gotten me?  Nothing.  Matter of fact, you know when I hit the 200 lbs lost mark originally?  Christmas Eve.  Yep, almost 2 solid months ago.  When did I cut my calories?  January 2nd after we got back from Chicago.  When did I lose 2 lbs in a week during that time?  When my calories were the highest for that week.

His calories are consistently higher than mine by quite a bit so maybe he's on to something.  All I know is I'm friggin' SICK AND TIRED of hovering around the 300's.  Of course my first instinct is to do some stupid fad crap or to severely cut my calories but I refuse to give in to that way of thinking.  If I logically think about it, not only did I burn 4350 calories but that doesn't include what it takes just to keep this machine hummin' and our workouts are HARD.  I mean hello, if an hour of Tae Bo doesn't cut the mustard anymore and I'm pushing myself to still burn 800-1000 calories per cardio then I'm pushing like I haven't pushed before.

So I shall give this a go and see what happens knowing that it takes a solid 3 weeks for my body to register results and pray that God, the universe, Mother Nature or whatever deity it takes is going to reward me for my hard work and fueling my body properly.  I'll keep on the water and dammit even if Aunt Flo is scheduled for a visit next week I am going to do everything humanly possible to reclaim my 200 lbs lost title.  At this point, it's a mental boost I desperately need.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

14 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say. I too really want you to reclaim your title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mr. may be on to something. One of the lessons it took me the longest to learn (old habits die hard) was that you have to eat to lose weight. During my loss phase, I hit two plateaus. Both times my trainer suggested I add 100-200 calories and both times I busted through the plateau. (Unfortunately, there was a pesky requirement that these be *healthy* calorie additions. :))

    All your hard work with the exercise has changed your body composition, so you're burning more calories even at rest. Feed them! :)

    If you're interested in a couple of tips on calculating how many calories you should eat to lose, I'll share them here:
    http://www.builtlean.com/2011/01/18/how-many-calories-should-you-eat-to-lose-weight/

    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/calorie-intake-to-lose-weight.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts...I'm quite the lurker! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Mr. is right. In fact, since I've been following your food diaries and knowing how much you burn per workout, I've thought you could really be eating more and still probably losing. I hope you find what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your Mr. Cutting back more really isn't the way to go if you've hit a plateau, that would just make it last longer. Keep doing what's been working so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know have the answer; this is certainly a cruel undertaking, isn't it?

    What I can say however is that I leave nothing to chance any more. It's all trial and error and a lot of research (I think I've looked at every book in the library!) What's working right now may not work later and then I'll have to analyze everything again.

    What seems to be working for me is lower carb, less intense exercise one day a week (like yoga) and at least 7 hours of sleep. I'm also watching the balance of carbs and protein at every meal and at the end of day, my little SP pie-chart of nutritional breakdown should be broken down into even thirds. I watch the type of carbs I eat; mostly beans and vegetables, one orange per day is my only fruit. I know several people with diabetes and I'm trying to adopt that type of diet.

    It's very slow but I have lost 8 pounds over the last 7 weeks. I didn't lose anything the last two weeks and then I got 2 pounds this week. Even when the scale wasn't moving my clothes were fitting better so I knew something was going on!

    What's working for me may not be the answer for you. Aunt Flo's been gone for almost 4 years now ("Hit the Road, Jack!") and that definitely plays part in what I'm dealing with. All I can tell you is trial and error, trial and error. Oh, and patience helps!!

    As I said before, it's a cruel process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How frustrating! Eating more definitely seems like the logical next step! My sis is a teacher and spent an entire summer eating 1500 calories a day (at 210 pounds) and burning 1000 calories a day. She lost 7 pounds in 9 weeks- but if you do the math it should have been WAY more. She continued the exercise when school started up again but upped her calories and the weight really started coming off. One way or another, you will do it and that 200 badge will be a permenant badge of honor soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate the support! I think I'm going to add a little milk every now and then. I used to drink it much more frequently when I was losing weight. I'm going to do a little thinking to see what else I want to add and hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! just found your blog. inspirationallll!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's worth a try. I can only imagine burning that many calories in a day, but you've got to be on the very low end of actual net intake at the end of a day! Water, milk and I'll be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog. I am so into it. I have gained several pounds (too many) since I quit smoking in August. I try hard but not enough I think. You are an inspiration. You will figure out how to trick your body to get off the plateau. Look what you have accomplished already:) I'm impressed!!

    I am looking forward to following you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Di!

    Welcome to the new readers! Glad to have you onboard and hope to see you around the comments section! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the Mr. (and other commenters) may be right; I know how you feel, though. I've been tempted to try cutting calories more or some fad thing to lose as well, but that is a recipe for disaster. You will find what works and break through for good soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree with your hubby here. My hubby is always telling me that sometimes shaking up your body with a calorie zig zag is the best thing for it. Shake it up! :)

    I'll make a snack or something or have homemade pizza and the next day, I'm stationary and then can continue my weight loss. Or I have had to increase my calorie intake as I lose because lean muscle burns more than fat. IE. the thinner you get, the easier it is to keep it off. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)