Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2/21/12- Food Journal

Well...this has been an interesting day.  After about 45 minutes sleep total last night from gagging on my own lung sputum to the point of wondering if I would die in my sleep, I went downstairs and stayed on the couch all night.  I fought a fever all night and monitored that, made green tea, coughed so violently I thought my cranium was going to shoot off.  When I realized no pain reliever was helping me, I decided to call the doc.  Thank God I did, I got her last appt of the day and she gave me a plethora of meds because she didn't like what she was hearing symptom wise (even though the gurgling in my lungs was trying to make a liar out of me by going away) and ordered a chest x-ray.  It was later confirmed I have pneumonia.  I'm on light exercise (like basically walking around.)  As I type, my fever is back and I'm getting ready to go to a shopping center to walk in the open air because it feels so good on my piping hot skin.  Hopefully I can burn a few calories in the process.  I won't overdo, I promise.

Now after that appetizing talk, let's eat!

Breakfast was Special K Blueberry and a banana with 1 tbsp of almond butter and 1/4 tbsp of honey.


Lunch was after my appointment and running around town getting scripts filled.  Tuna fish "tacos", pink lady apple and apple dip,  raw veggies w/ 1/2 tbsp of dip, fruit salad and today I was craving milk so bad so I had 10 oz of skim milk.  Oops, how'd that serving of light Hershey's syrup get in there?  :-)


The Mr was kind enough to make me dinner.  I talked him through my cheese and onion enchiladas.  He did a great job!  A little heavy on the onions but I am trying to kill the creeping crud so this should help fo' sho!  So we had 3 of those (mini corn tortillas), a serving of no salt blue tortilla chips and 2 tbsp's of TJ's chipotle hummus.  Thanks Mr!  I love you!


When we get back, I'll imbibe in a skinny cow.


Calories for the day, 1927.  Burned 680 walking around the outdoor mall cooling myself off and buying stuff from Anthropologie!  Hee hee

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

10 comments:

  1. First of all, CONGRATS on 199 lbs weightloss. Its been awhile since Ive been blogging and Im so happy to check in with old blogs Ive loved and see the progress. I am dissapointed in myself for falling off track and only losing 18 lbs. Please motivate me! Secondly, your BREAKFAST looks delicious, along with your pics!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Felicity! I wondered where you went but am glad to see you checking in! Thanks! Don't be disappointed; there are lessons in them thar stumbles and that's where you do better in the future! Breakfast was quite yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the doc gave you all those meds before the pneumonia was confirmed! Now take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you are sick :( If we were at a bar, and your sickness was that big guy in the corner...I'd knock him off his seat while you kick him in the ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart. I'm so sorry that you are so sick. Heal well and thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon! And you're doing exceptionally well, whenever I am sick I tend to fall, and hard...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, NOT fun stuff! Hope the meds kick in quickly!

    Now I must now...what did you buy at Anthropologie?? Love that place so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear Lord, feel better! Hopefully it wasn't too much fume-age that did it. I'm not sure what causes pnemonia (or however you spell it), but hopefully your bout with it is quick.

    I wish that I liked lettuce. The lettuce cups look so cute. But, whenever I go to eat lettuce, I always picture a Diplodocus and then I start thinking about the texture and...BRB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the well wishes!

    Jamie- You'll see my Anthro purchases pop up over the next few food journal posts! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)