Friday, February 17, 2012

2/17/12- Food Journal

What a day.  I fear I have a cold trying to come on.  I feel like I always have a cold.  I just had one over Christmas, WTH?  All I know I'd BETTER not have one in Hawaii because I was sick for every friggin' vacation I took last year... San Fran, Memphis and Chicago.  I mean seriously, what karma God did I piss off?  Apparently the one who is making my face flush right now.  Better get to the eats.

Breakfast was 2 servings of Fiber 80 cereal with 4 oz of skim milk, a 3.4 oz banana with 1 tbsp of almond butter (which I think I'm over) with a hit of pumpkin pie spice and 8 oz of green tea in my Woodstock Groundhog Days mug.  (Woodstock IL is where Groundhog Day was shot)


The Mr was teleworking today and when I say teleworking, I mean WORKING.  The poor nugget just was not able to even leave his laptop so I made him a special lunch.  4 oz of whole wheat penne tossed with 1 tbsp of olive oil, garlic powder, bacon and parmesan cheese.  Salad with some added spinach and 1 1/2 tbsp of Creamy Italian dressing (blech) and half a grapefruit with his fancy new grapefruit spoon.  He was quite appreciative.



My lunch was tuna "tacos" (1 can of tuna, 2 tbsp Miracle Whip Light, scallion and a hit of white pepper) in little gem lettuce leaves.  Raw veggies with 1/2 tbsp french onion dip, golden delicious apple with apple dip, fruit salad with watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple and not only white but red grapes too!  Watch out y'all red and white grapes living together in sin...it's anarchy!  Finished off the last of the chocolate WhoNu's since I was out of apple bars and the standard iced tea.


Dinner had to change because I made the Mr pasta for lunch and I had pasta planned for dinner.  He said it was fine but in that tone of "if I have to" so I switched it over to Mahi Mahi fish tacos (one his favorites) and brussels sprouts with bacon and garlic.



Snack was sugar free chocolate pudding with a few mini marshmallows on top.  Hunts don't think I'm not on to you.  I see you're putting less in there.  The pudding used to kiss the lid, now I could measure a full inch down before hitting pudding.  Jerks.


Calories for today were 1677 and no formal exercise because I hit my calorie burn of 4200 (actually 4350 I think) but I was up and about more than usual today.  My average for calories this week was 1974.

The sore throat that has gotten progressively worse but isn't unbearable.  I think the Mr has been kind enough to share his cold.  Poopie-head.  I'm kidding.  Well I won't be if I can't taste tomorrow because we're supposed to try a new pizza place tomorrow night and that won't happen if I can't taste anything.  Let's pray the witch doctor drink I had earlier does something to me overnight.  If so, I'll post the recipe I got from a friend next week.  If it doesn't, I'll just whine a lot.

Feel free to share your eats in the comments!

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

7 comments:

  1. Well, I hope the Mr.'s cold does NOT settle in for you! Yummy food there, mine has been pretty boring lately. Maybe I need to start taking pictures of meals, it would at least encourage me to make things LOOK pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really mouth-watering again! :) I wish I had as delicious lunches when I'm teleworking! Well, sometimes I do when I have good left-overs from the weekend.

    About the sinful togetherness of the white and black grapes; where I live (far-away arctic Finland, that is! ;) they actually nowadays sell them in small transparent plastic boxes where they have a cluster of each color. Which I actually find quite handy :) Yet sinful ;)

    Hope your sore throat gets better and you can taste the pizza! I'm also heading for some pizza with friends, first bowling then pizza :)

    Have a nice weekend!
    Elli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know you ......
    Miracle whip.... Ehhh

    You are one of THOSE.....

    Lol ;)

    Good eats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought of broccoli slaw mix on a taco. (That's what it is right?) It looks really good.

    My workday lunches are pretty boring too. I laughed at your comment the other day about having to stop eating out of plastic - that's something I made a conscious effort to do a while back. I keep a pretty plate at work and put my lunch on it everyday instead of eating out of plastic tubs. I keep an apple slicer there too so I can have apple wedges instead of just eating the darn thing. Somehow presentation makes even a dull lunch seem more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need you to come live with me and cook for me. Please! PRETTY PLEASE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise- Sadly it has. It's a nice chest cold which should make working out fun! ;) I think taking pics is a great idea! It can help you look at your food in a different way.

    Ellinmeili- I've seen that a few times where they'll mix the grapes together like that. Variety, tis the spice o' life! :) I was able to taste the pizza. Too bad it wasn't worth it. Boo!

    Karla- Oh you're of THOSE! HA! Mayo camp vs Miracle Whip camp.

    Another Layer- Yep that is broccoli slaw! I also freeze it and use it for stir fries too when it's at the end of its life cycle. Presentation does make a difference, in my wallet too b/c I'm running the dishwasher a lot more! LOL

    Maren- Be right over in about what a 23 hour flight? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's so unfair that your pizza wasn't a good one! It's so frustrating eating something with a lot of calories which doesn't taste anything special. But luckily your throat is not getting worse then I guess if you could taste the pizza :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)