Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2/15/12- Food Journal

I had some big plans for my chicken cordon bleu burger leftovers so I had to plan my day meticulously which included nixing meat for lunch.  I guess subconsciously I wanted to make sure we had a big dinner because we have to fast tomorrow morning for blood work for a routine physical.  Which I haven't had in well, that's another blog topic.  Let's eat!

Breakfast was a cinnamon raisin english muffin with 1 1/2 tbsp of Better N' Peanut Butter, a 3 oz banana and 13 oz of green tea.  I've gotta say I'm dying for some Jif and apple jelly on one of those babies and I might just have it tomorrow or Friday so I don't start obsessing.  Nothing like when your breakfast makes a happy face.


Lunch is where I had to cut back on the protein so it was veggie brown rice and 2 tbsp Trader Ming's General Tsao's sauce.  The usual cut veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, radish and celery) with 1/2 tbsp french onion dip, a golden delicious apple with 2 tbsp of apple dip (which might be cut or cut back to 1 tbsp depending on the scale this week), fruit salad of the usual (watermelon, cantaloupe, white grapes (when they're clearly green) and pineapple) and my Trader Joe's (hereon out referred to as TJ's because I'm lazy) apple bar.  Iced tea is mandatory to break up the water consumption which was pretty crappy until I started chugging just before lunch.



Dinner was something I'd been looking forward to all day.  A plate o' whole wheat spaghetti, a hybrid sauce (1/2 cup of meat sauce which is super high in sodium but I cut it with 1/2 cup of TJ's low salt marinara and split it between us so it can still taste indulgent but with half the sodium!), plop one of those leftover chicken cordon bleu or in this case, chicken cordon asiago patties in the middle and it's like the best meatball you've ever had!  Sooo yummy!  Topped it off with 1 tbsp of TJ's parmesan/romano mix.



Night time snack was TJ's lite kettle corn


Calories for the day, 1894.  Calories burned, 950.

Now time to get ready for our big appointment tomorrow.  I wonder if I'll still have to use a butterfly needle.  Probably.  Still have those "deep veins" ya know!

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

5 comments:

  1. I have had to get blood drawn from my hands before since they couldn't find a vein. :( Good luck with your testing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your food blogs. That's probably cause I LOVE food. Your plates always look so yummy, filled with healthy delicious stuff. That pasta with your chicken cordon bleu burger as a meatball looked fantastic! Have to try that.

    Good luck with the doctor today. I really want to hear what he/she has to say about your 200-lb. weight loss since you've seen him/her. Hope he doesn't ask you if you're sick like mine did to me. I wanted to say, "I don't know...you're the doctor...you tell me if I'm sick!" No, really it made me mad. I told him, "NO....this loss is the result of really HARD WORK!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm on WW and I've been struggling with it these past few weeks and seeing what you're eating and how much weight you've lost is really helping to inspire me. So thank you!

    I hope your appointment went well. I need butterfly needs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much guys! I really figured no one would care what I ate but I'm glad this is helping people whether it be on the idea front or to show the things you don't have to cut out to still lose weight.

    Plus it makes me get a little more creative b/c I know I'm going to post a pic! HA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)