Tuesday, February 14, 2012

2/14/12 - Valentine's Food Journal

Today has been yummy for sure!

I came downstairs to the Mr with a playful smile on his face pulling out my chair at the dining room table to a breakfast he made me so we could eat together.  (He's usually finishing up by the time I come down)

Breakfast was Thomas Triple Health English Muffin, 2 slices of Land o Frost Deli Ham, an egg and a slice of American cheese.  (I haven't made it like that in a long time and it was yummy!)  Plus a banana for some fruit. It was nice to be able to eat together and to have a meal prepared for me for once!  Thanks honey!


Mid-morning "snack" was the equivalent to an Hershey's miniature Special Dark as I was dipping the Mr some strawberries for his lunch tomorrow.  Eating with the Mr was about 2 hours prior to when I usually eat and I was getting SOO hungry by mid-morning I just could NOT resist the chocolate sticking to the spoon so I recorded it like a good girl!  :-)

Lunch was brown rice with corn, peas, spinach and 3 1/2 oz of chicken breast and 2 tbsp of Trader Ming's General Tsao's sauce.  Fruit salad (cantaloupe, pineapple, grapes and watermelon), Golden Delicious apple with apple dip, a Trader Joe's Apple bar and iced tea.  (No raw veggies today since there's veggies in my rice)



The Mr came home and I blared Outkast's Happy Valentine's Day and we danced like fools and he gave me these:


The note read "everyday's the 14th" as the song blasted.  Are we made for each other or what?

Dinner was the wonderful chicken cordon bleu burgers I made a few weeks ago but I subbed 1/3 of an ounce of asiago and added caramelized onions and 1 tbsp bbq sauce with spicy sweet potato fries.  T'was yummilicious.



Our special Valentines Day dessert will be the cuppy cakes I made yesterday (which by the way were a HUGE hit at the Mr's work.  His boss doesn't even eat sweets and he had two!).  I'll top the Mr's with a chocolate dipped strawberry for an extra special treat for him.


Calories for the day:  2150.  Did a double workout to burn 1070 calories to accommodate the cupcake.

Now time to watch In Time with Justin Timberlake and pray it doesn't suck, then watch the season premiere of Cougar Town on DVR.  (Can I get a "penny caaaaaaaaan" from the few people who get the reference?)  Then Dream House with Daniel Craig if the Mr can stay awake that long.

Happy Valentines Day ya'll...everyday's the 14th!

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

7 comments:

  1. So, so sweet! now I've got to go listen to that song! I want in on the dance party...maybe not on valentines..but a regular day? That would be fun HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it that the Mr. made breakfast for you! And I love the tulips, one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lady, this looks delish! happy valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great V-Day, and the flowers are beautiful! Hope you kicked his but at Penny Caaaannn!!! So glad the show's back! I missed tiny eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didja like Cougar Town? I loved it. Baby Stan is a holy terror--kinda what the Ellie deserves for being so snarky.
    The proposal was so sweet. When Courtney said that line about how she wanted to say YES to him in a way that conveyed how MUCH it meant to her, (I KNEW Grayson would say..."YOU JUST DID!") it was almost better than when she & Chandler proposed to each other on Friends. But not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Czesia- I think you should listen to that song every day. It helps you get your groove on, yo!

    Cheri- Me too! It was a bit more of a sodium bomb than I had planned for myself but I'll take it since it came from the heart!

    Annie- It was yummy! A good mix of awesomeness throughout the day!

    Hmpetras- You know it! The Mr HATES it when they say "penny caaaan!" I gave him the Vday gift of not having to watch it and I watched this morning.

    Dup- I watched Cougar Town this morning and bawled like a baby when he proposed. I didn't like Friends partly because of Chandler so for me this was WAY better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love tulips!! Very nice day it sounds like you had!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)