Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Gingerbread Loaf

I was thinking that my sense of smell was starting to come back yesterday morning so I thought I would bake something for The Mr's co-workers and mix up our evening snack.  I began searching through my usual recipe sites and came across this Pumpkin Gingerbread from Simply Recipes.  It sounded good and I was hoping I could have me a piece of this spicy, dense goodness...


So I adapted it and I assumed the house smelled wonderful because the Mr. said it did.  I should've known my nose wasn't going to cooperate and the wee bit of smell I had earlier in the day had abandoned me.  I had to rely on the Mr's opinion of it after grabbing a big honkin' crumb and he assures me it's good.  So if you make it and don't like it, blame him!  HA!  (Edit:  It's only been at his work for 90 minutes and there's 1 1/2 pieces left.  I guess that would be called a hit!)

For the printable version of this recipe, click here.

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

8 comments:

  1. Photo of it is divine, sounds fabulous! Sorry you couldn't smell or taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks soooo good, I am definitely going to try this one--my Mr. loves both pumpkin and gingerbread, so he will be thrilled. I'm gonna wait until my cold is gone, though, so I can enjoy it as well. Stupid colds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks soooo good! I love the idea of making a dessert that you can give to others! Whenever I say I'm going to make brownies or something for my husbands work, he gets all GREEDY! He'll say "I never liked sharing"! LOL! Men.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very tasty. I will be making a couple of chocolate chip pecan banana breads in the morning for a few of my favorite veterans (my stepdad and uncle) for veterans day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, if that photo doesn't win an award, someone should be smacked for poor judgment. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Looks delicious. You really capture that in the photo, nice arrangement. I will try this at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...