Thursday, November 17, 2011

Light Pumpkin Pie Cups

For over 13 years I have made the same light pumpkin pie recipe.  It is without a doubt the Mr's favorite pumpkin pie.  He dreams of it.  When I decided to test this recipe in a more portion controlled manner and send the rest to work with him, within 30 minutes of him putting them out half of them were gone and one guy professed his love for me.  They're that good.


Hello lover.

Now the hope is that you have one to not feel deprived whilst stuffing yourself like the turkey of the day but you could actually have 2 of them for a little less than 1 slice of regular pumpkin pie (Sara Lee's is 260 and Mrs Smith's is 320!!) and much less fat and calories.  I mean hello, 125 calories and 1 gram of fat per cup?  Shut the front door!

So my Thanksgiving gift to you all is this recipe.  You could also do what I do and make a regular pie as well but these cups are really great and if you want to add a few extra calories with Trader Joe's fleur de sel caramel sauce a little dollop of lite cool whip or whatever you prefer to put on top then there' no guilt involved!

For the printable version of this recipe, click here.
====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks really good! I'm going to have to try it over the weekend, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking and cake decorating is one of my hobbies but I have never made pumpkin pie. I always let Mom handle that one but I am going to try these lil' cups. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - those look great, and easy. I may try those instead of a big pie for our "mini-Thanksgiving" for my little family. I'll let my SIL take care of the regular pie for the big family gathering on the weekend though. I have my assignments for that, no messing around with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound great, and it's just what I'm looking for at the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pumpkin obsessed, I will be trying this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to try it once, but we don't really have pumpkins here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. UHHHHHHHH YUM! Pumpkin is sooo good! For thanksgiving I'm make pumpkin gingerbread Trifle! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginger snaps for the crust---YUM! These sound great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried these last night when my folks were here. They were a huge hit. I will totally make them again. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...