Friday, September 16, 2011

Who knew...Who Nu!

I'm sure that you have probably caught a glimpse of the new "nutritional" cookies with the slogan "now delicious is nutritious too!...Who Nu!"  I did a search on their site to see if they were in my area and they were only in a health food store on the other side of town.  So when we came across them by accident at a local grocery store, of course we had to try them.  They claim to have as much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal, vitamin C as a cup of blueberries, vitamin A as an 8 oz glass of tomato juice, calcium and vitamin D as an 8 oz glass of milk, iron as a cup of spinach, vitamin E as 2 cups of carrot juice and B12 as a cup of cottage cheese and fruit.  *Whew*  That's a pretty hefty claim!


We got the soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies.  Three cookies are one serving.  I'll admit, they were a little on the small side...two bites maximum.  I would've liked three but if you're just looking to get that taste of chocolate chip cookies then this could satisfy that craving.  We didn't expect much.  We were pleasantly surprised.  We don't buy cookies so I am only going from memory but these taste like Chewy Chips Ahoy.  If there is something they're missing, I don't taste it.  They tasted really good with buttercream frosting when we made impromptu whoopie pies with them.  Oh, we didn't?  That was just a daydream?  Oops!

Would we buy these again?  Sure.  Like I said we don't buy cookies to keep in the house but we weren't tempted by them so I think I could have them in the house on occasion without going gonzo on them.  They also have an Oreo-esque version, a golden creme sandwich (which is our next try) and a crispy version of the chocolate chip cookie.  I've seen a healthier version of the Oreo cake balls made with the chocolate sandwich cookies.  I can't vouch for those yet but I have to imagine if you're looking for a slightly healthier version of those bad boys, this would be the way to go.  If you see them and you already keep stuff like that in the house, give 'em a go.  You can always take the rest into co-workers so they can try them too.

Nutritional Info:  3 Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies-  150 calories, Total Fat 5g, Sat Fat 2g, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbs 24g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 11g and Protein 2g.  There are also a buttload of vitamins too but my fingers would fall off trying to type them all out.

(This review is not paid for.  WhoNu has no clue who I am.  I'm just a cookie eater giving my opinion!)

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

8 comments:

  1. I'll keep a eye out for these. I try not to keep cookies in the house too often, but occasionally I pick some up. I wonder if they freeze well? It would be nice to have some sweet treats in the house I feel better about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, never heard of 'em. Interesting...shopping at two different stores that would carry something like that, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Thanks :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wondered about these, too (aftering being bombarded by their t.v. ads). But I've found when a product goes out of it's way to brag about how healthy it it, it's usually pretty nasty (yeah, Kashi, I'm looking at YOU!).

    I'll have to check the price against the organic style cookies I already like. Might be worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to admire a cookie that gives us fiber and protein, plus the other vitamins/minerals! Usually, a cookie treat doesn't do much for us other than taste good! I also don't keep cookies in the house, but I think I'd be inclined to try the crispy version of the chocolate chip w/ buttercream filling. Err... uh, yeah, the crispy ones. :)
    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I will have to look for those! For whatever reason, since early in my journey I've been able to have cookies in the house and NOT go nuts eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound good. I will have to buy and hide them so my kids don't get them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing these and the girls have been asking about them--may have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw these at our Super Wal-Mart a few weeks ago...I was tempted, but I just wasn't so sure. I'm like you and I just don't buy stuff like that, but I suppose if I was in the mood to splurge I would try these!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)