Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

To say I've been bitten by the Fall baking/cooking bug is way far from an understatement.  I love looking at food blogs and I love photographing food and using it as ways to (hopefully) improve my skills.  (So jealous of so many wonderful photographers out there!)  Last week I was craving pumpkin anything so I found a great pumpkin pancake recipe to adapt.  I always add a lot more spice than I find on recipes.  For this one, I felt like cloves were missing and it made it the perfect compliment.  I used applesauce over oil as well.  You could also use dark brown sugar if you wanted a slightly more spicy taste too.  (Mmm, I think I'll do that next time)


I was able to make 8 1/2 pancakes using a medium sized ice cream scoop.  For the printable version of this recipe, click here.

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

13 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look fantastic. I may just try them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm....did get to these last night or the pumpkin syrup, but I'm thinking that is my Saturday morning brunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this recipe. My child has a minor pumpkin addiction so this will definitely be added to the fall baking list, perhaps on Sunday since it's so cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so great. Thanks for sharing. We will have to make these soon. I love pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just happen to have a can of pumpkin sitting on the counter WAITING to become something. I was thinking soup, but I've got a butternut squash to turn into soup so now I'm thinking pancakes (and maybe a loaf of bread-it's a big can). Yummm...thanks for the recipe and the lovely picture :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, those look and sound wonderful! Think I might have to push hubby to make 'em for me soon--he's the official pancake maker in our house. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever had pumpkin pancakes before but they look really good. Do you put anything on them or just eat them straight? I'm not really looking for a way to add syrup (at least not much ;) )but just trying to find out how you usually eat them. Do you know if they freeze or store well?

    Just so you know, I think you take great pictures and your food ones are always nicely presented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look and sound yummy! I might have to try these this weekend. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! They are quite yummy!

    Arlene- I eat them with syrup. We're ditching the faux maple and going for the real thing at Trader Joe's this weekend! They DO freeze well. I made that batch and we had them a few days later after them being in the fridge. I'm working on a change in these so I'll post the variation sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look very yummy! I have a pumpkin waffle recipe that is awesome--I might have to make some! You have inspired me, yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh!!! I am TRYING THOSE for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...