Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nutty Chicken Strips

One of my food rut busters, I was in the mood for chicken strips and remembered I'd bought this bag of almond meal a few months ago to do something with and it was just taking up space.  I came up with this little recipe because I LOVE macadamia nut crusted anything when we're in Hawaii so I knew this would be a winner.  There are so many ways to personalize this that the possibilities are endless!


If you want to make this awesome recipe for your family, click here for the printable version.

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a winner. I'll have to look for almond meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that looks yummy. I love almonds so almond meal should be right up my alley.

    And it's a great recipe for lazy folks like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was So excited when I read almond meal. I can have that! (I think) The panko is a no-no, but maybe I could sub something else and try this? I'd love something crunchy like this. If I can find a gluten free alternative I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade chicken strips are one of my kids' favorite "healthy" things I make. I have several recipes, but this one sounds awesome! Love that it uses panko and the almond meal sounds interesting. No TJ's in town, but might be at the local health food store. Will have to look for it and try this. Looks so yummy :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winner winner chicken dinner!!! Totally making these sometime soon!!! I was craving chicken strips Sunday and I solved it the bad way....I wish I would have seen this first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I make a very similar chicken strip but instead of panko and almond meal, I use crushed pistachios--also do not use egg wash and they stick fine. Same spices/herbs as you use. My hubby loves them and I put them on top of a nice salad--yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious! I love almonds so I will definitely make this recipe!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...