Thursday, March 24, 2011

Recipe I Want to Try...

I was hoping that I would get The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone off of my wishlist for Christmas.  I don't really want to spend my own money on recipe oriented books anymore so I put them on my wishlist.  (I've been disappointed by them too much then feel like "ARG!  I wasted my money!")  I know Alicia was going around promoting her book when it came out and she was giving recipes so I thought I'd hunt around to see which ones she gave out.  I came across this one and thought it would be fun to try sometime and thought you guys might want to give it a go if you're looking to incorporate some vegan stuff here and there.  If someone makes it before I do or has already made it, let me know if you liked it!

Alicia Silverstone's Crispy Peanut Butter Treats with Chocolate Chips

Ingredients
1 box brown rice crisps cereal
1 3/4 cups brown rice syrup
Fine sea salt
3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
1/2 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips

Pour rice cereal into a large bowl. Heat the syrup with a pinch of salt in a saucepan over low heat. When the rice syrup liquefies, add the peanut butter and stir until well combined. Pour over the rice cereal. Mix well with a wooden spoon.

Once thoroughly mixed and cooled to room temperature, stir in the chocolate chips. Make sure the mixture is cool, or you will end up with melted chocolate instead of chocolate chips in your treats.

Turn the mixture out into an 8x8” or 9x13” baking dish. Wet your wooden spoon lightly and press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool for 1 hour -- if you can -- before cutting into squares or bars.

Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray Show


====================
Don't want to miss another post? Make sure you subscribe!

4 comments:

  1. Those look tasty! I may have to give those a try for my next get together. Otherwise I would eat the whole thing myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sound tasty believe it or not...course anything with pb and chocolate HAS TO BE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy and I bet my kids would eat it too!!! Will have to put it on my list to make soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could even have these, gluten free! But I don't know what brown rice cereal is? I wonder if you could just use something else like rice chex? Anyway, this might have to be something I try out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...