Saturday, February 26, 2011

That settles that- Weigh In

This post will contain some TMI, so...deal with it.  ;-) 

I lost a big fat zero this week.  It's Aunt Flo week which means I can ALWAYS count on a loss even if it's just a pound.  I haven't not lost on one of those weeks for almost 2 years.  So that does it for the morning workouts.  I'm not going to continue to bust my ass 4 extra days a week in thinking that maybe if I went pseudo Biggest Loser style garners me nothing.  (I know, I know nowhere near it but 2-2 1/2 hours compared to 50-60 minutes feels all Bob and Jillian to me!)   I know they restrict their calories to 11-1200 too and that ain't happenin'.  I firmly believe the reason those people gain weight back is because they can't maintain that kind of calorie restriction and they thoroughly screwed up their metabolism.

So I gave it two weeks, I was perfect in my food and water and ratios and all I have to show for it is one pound after burning 20,150 calories in 2 weeks, which on paper should've warranted about a 6 lb loss because I was burning what I was eating, I can say experiment failed.  (Yes, I know that what looks good on paper rarely translates to the body, that was just for you "it's as simple as calories in vs. calories out" people)  I've gotta say I'm kind happy about that.  I would hate to think I'd have to work that hard all the time just to get a spare pound or two thrown at me but if I'm going to lose (or not lose) the same amount of weight, then the extra stuff isn't worth doing and not worth potentially risking injury based on the extra wear and tear. 

So starting next week, I'll go back to my old routine of working out 5x a week, once a day knowing that I did try everything I could think of to get the pounds moving but the body has claimed squatter's rights and says "that's cute you thought you had control, now sit down Waldo."

====================
Don't want to miss another post? Make sure you subscribe!

3 comments:

  1. You make a great point about not having to take on the extra wear and tear. The worst thing that can happen during a plateau would be to get injured and set everything back. Maybe just try to do some extra calisthenics in the morning or at times throughout the day just to keep the metabolism burning without having to burn yourself out on double workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly have no advice because no one knows you better than you do, and you are always dedicated at trying new things and giving them 110%. If this isn't working for you, you know it. I admire your determination to keep trying new things. Hope you and the Mr. have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wellll, crap! It sure sounded good on paper. I know I certainly didn't envy you the double workouts. All I can say is that I'm sure that rotten scale will eventually start going down again. You and the Mr always come up with something new to try, so I'll stay tuned to find out what it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)