Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Food Review: Trader Joe's Whole Grain Blueberry Instant Oatmeal

I usually get Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal but was getting burnt out on it. I saw this Heart Healthy Whole Grain Blueberry Instant Oatmeal while perusing Trader Joe's. I was intrigued and decided to give it a go. I added 4 oz of skim milk to it and microwaved it for just under 90 seconds. I was surprised and glad to see actual REAL blueberries in there. It's not overly sweet but pretty satisfying. I'd like to see a little more blueberry goodness inside but I'll take what I can get. I think this one will become a staple in our pantry!

Here's the nutritional information:
160 calories, Total Fat 2.5g (Polyunsaturated 1.5g, Monounsaturated 0.5g) Sodium 90mg, Potassium 350mg, Total Carbs 30g (Fiber 6g, Sugars 10g) Protein 4g. Contains 100% Vitamin C, B6, B12 and Folic Acid.







3 comments:

  1. Love me some blueberry oatmeal - I just wish TJ was a little closer to us. Boo! Until then...I just add the new blueberry essence craisins to my plain oatmeal - it's yummy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! JEN WANTS SOME.....in 13 more days :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...